By doing the installation or configuration process of this Linksys RE6500 extender device you can quickly extend the range of the extender WiFi signals. Also, by pressing the WPS button or by the web-based utility method, you can quickly do its configuration process.
- Improve the range of existing router WiFi signals.
- At any place in your house or office enjoy fast internet speed.
- By pressing on tap you can do the Linksys RE6500 setup.
- Place it at any place of your workstation.
- Discard all the dead spot areas.
There is no need for any specific device or gadget to do the Linksys RE6500 setup. But, there is a need for a few essential things to begin this, which are shown below.
- Requires the specific electric power socket.
- Your existing WiFi router house must have an active internet connection.
- Take any PC Or WIFi device with access to the web browser.
- Just keep in mind the default IP or web address of Linksys.
To access the login page of this extender, follow the below details or information.
First, take out the Linksys extender device from the box. After that, place the plug of the RE6500 Linksys extender in the specific power socket. Now, wait to see the power LED start flashing. Later, take the WiFi device such as a computer or laptop, and open the WiFi network list on them. Next, connect your WiFi device to the RE6500 Linksys extender default network. Thereafter, open the web browser on a connected WiFi device and type in extender.linksys.com in the URL bar. Further, the Linksys extender login page will come up on the computer display. In the end, fill in all the details and click on the login option to complete the Linksys RE6500 extender login procedure.
Tip: If you don’t know the credentials then check the Linksys RE6500 extender manual booklet which you will get in the device.
There are mainly two different ways to configure this device at your workstation.
By Web Browser – Web-Based Setup
- Initially, near the router place the plug of the extender in the specific wall socket.
- After that, take a WiFi device. (Make sure that the WiFi device must be connected to the RE6500 extender network)
- Now, open the browser and fill in the default web portal extender.linksys.com in the address box.
- Later, fill in all the details which are shown on the Linksys web management page.
- Next, click on the setup wizard option and then pick the WiFi network that you want to increase.
- In the end, fill in the details and click on connect. By doing this the Linksys RE6300 extender was successfully configured now the text will come up on the computer display.
Through WiFi Protected Setup Way
- First, in the upwards direction connect the antennas to the extender.
- After that, press the WPS button of the Linksys RE6500 extender, and in a short period of time press the existing router WPS button.
- Now, the WPS LED starts blinking solid on both gadgets.
- Thus it means, the extender and router are both gadgets successfully linked with each other.
- Further, place the extender in the location where you want high-speed internet.
By considering the steps of the above two methods the Linksys RE6500 setup process is successfully done without facing any trouble. In any case, you are facing issues such as the extender and router being successfully connected but not to the internet, the extender flashing a red LED, etc. Then consider the below solution to tips to remove that issue.
Upgrade Software Of Linksys Extender
To get the latest version software of Linksys extender you will need to access the Linksys web management page. After that, click on the advanced network option and then hit on a software upgrade. Now, if you see the latest version of a software file then install it on a laptop or computer. In the end, restart the Linksys RE6500 extender to finish the software upgrade process.
Power Cycle Extender
The power cycle process is also called by the other name of turning on/off the device. First, press the power button to power off the extender and then take out the plug of the extender from a socket. Later, wait a while and place the back extender plug in the socket. In the end, turn on the Linksys RE6500 extender.
Reset RE6500 Extender
At the back of the Linksys RE6500 extender, you can see the reset button. Press that reset button with the help of a paper clip. After pressing the reset button, all the extender LEDs will be turned off. Hence, it means the extender unit is now completely reset.
Note: Do the login and setup process again after resetting the extender.
After reading the information on this page you will be able to do the Linksys RE6500 extender login and installation process by yourself. In your workstation, if you are having another Linksys extender model number such as RE7000 and you are looking for the login and installation information then simply visit the Linksys RE7000 setup page and consider all the display directions.