Netgear EX6120 extender is another model number of the AC1200 series. The login and setup process of the Netgear extender device is so simple and straightforward. To enjoy the features and benefits of the Netgear EX6120 extender, study the below details.
Front Panel: At the front of the Netgear EC6120 extender device you see the four types of LEDs.
- Power LED
- WPS LED
- Router attach LED
- Device connecting LED
Side Panel: At the side of the EX6120 extender device you see a few buttons.
- Power button.
- Factory reset button, to reset all settings,
- WPS button to pair extender with router.
Router Link LEDs: This LED light determines the connection status between the extender and router device.
- Stable green defines the best connection.
- Solid amber LED shows a good internet connection.
- There is a poor internet connection if the router link LED is red.
- There is no internet connection if the router link LED is off.
Device Link LED: The device link LED defines the connection status between a WiFi device or extender.
- There is the best connection if the device link LED is solid green.
- The connection between the extender and router is good if the Netgear EX6120 extender shows the amber device link LED.
- Poor connection between them if the LED is solid red.
- There is no internet connection if the LEDs are off.
- The extender device is now booting up if the power LED starts flashing amber.
- The solid power green LED defines that the extender device is now perfectly turned on.
- Netgear Extender is turned off if the power LED is off.
WiFi Protected Setup LED
- The WPS protection is successfully enabled if there is a solid LED.
- The WPS connection process is in progress if the light is blinking.
- WiFi-protected setup protection is disabled if the WPS LED is off.
To access the Netgear extender login page, consider or study the below steps.
- First, in the power socket place the power plug of the Netgear extender in the power socket.
- Now, take the computer and enter mywifiext.net in the address bar.
- Next, fill in the details which are shown on your computer display and tap on the login button to complete this method process.
- If you don’t know the Netgear extender login details then look at the manual booklet which comes with the Netgear extender device.
There are two ways to execute the configuration process of the Netgear extender.
By Netgear EX6120 WPS Button:
To do this method, make sure your extender must have the WPS button.
First, place or settle the Netgear EX6120 extender near the power or wall socket. After that, press the router’s WiFi-protected setup button, and in 20 seconds push the Netgear extender WPS button. Now, on both the router and extender WiFi protected setup LED starts blinking solid. Further linking, locate or settle an extender in that location where you want to enjoy the fast internet speed.
By Web Method:
In a wall socket, place the Netgear RE6120 extender. After that, take a computer or laptop and type Netgear extender default web portal in the address box. Now, the Netgear extender setup page opens up on your display. Next, tap on the Netgear EX6120 setup option and pick the WiFi network that you want to extend. In the end, fill in the details and tap on the connect button. In the end, wait for a while to see if the extender is successfully configured and the notification page opens up on your computer display.
With the help of the default web portal mywifiext.net setup process is completely done now, without any trouble. In case, you face any trouble then resolve it by following the below solution tips.
Resolve Netgear EX6120 Extender Setup Issues
Install The Latest Software Version:
- To install the latest software version, go to the Netgear Extender web management page.
- After visiting the web management page and looking for an administration option then hit on the software upgrade option.
- Now, if you see the latest version of a software file then download it on your laptop or computer.
- Further, for a complete installation, you will require to restart the extender.
Reset AC1200 EX6120 Extender
- At the side of the Netgear EX6120 extender, you see the reset button.
- Now, push that reset button by taking a hairpin.
- Further doing this, all the Netgear EX6120 extender LEDs will be turned off.
- As it means, the device is now completely reset.
Note: Do the Netgear EX6700 setup process again, after the factory default reset.
Now, with the help of this page, you can quickly extend the range of existing router WiFi signals. In case you are having the Netgear another model number in your house for example EX7000 and you are looking for login and configuration information then simply visit the Netgear EX7000 setup page and consider all the directions.